Home School Community Liaison
Home School Community Liaison Co-Ordinator (HSCL)
The HSCL Coordinator is Mr. Garrett Foley who can be contacted on 085-2426171 or email@example.com
Aims of the Scheme:
The HSCL scheme aims to increase the link between home and school by encouraging parents to become more involved in their children’s education. It also aims to encourage self-development, literacy skills and activities of parents so that they as the primary educators of their children will be positive role models, encouraging the educational and personal advancement of their children.
- To maximise active participation of the children in the schools of the scheme in the learning process, in particular those who might be at risk of leaving the education system early.
- To promote active co-operation between home, school and relevant community agencies in promoting the educational interests of the children.
- Activities Locally based activities are organised by the HSCL coordinator which set out to encourage greater contact between parents, teachers and with local voluntary groups.
Activities in our school include:
- Coffee mornings where a topic pertinent to parenting is chosen and a speaker in invited to make a presentation
- Home Visits – The HSCL coordinator visits parents in their own homes to address concerns they may have about their children in school and to help first year students to settle in to their new school as part of our transfer programme.
- Courses for parents are run throughout the year on a range of topics.
- Parents Council – Each year a local committee made up of parents, Home School Community Liaison Coordinator and members of local agencies such as the School Completion Project, SWWCDP, local Garda etc. focuses on a pertinent issue for the school year.